Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: lighting indoors

  1. #1
    Inactive Member rbt2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 12th, 2001
    Posts
    6
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Cool

    hi guys

    just waundering what you use to light scenes inside,
    how much they cost and where ya get them from

    also, for dv i heard its better to overlight a scene, more so than with film is this true

    thanks fellas

  2. #2
    Inactive Member sdchown's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 21st, 2000
    Posts
    120
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I use 500W Security Lights from B&Q. Get film balanced for Tungsten lighting. Or if you are using DV you can use white balance or something like that - I mainly use film, so somebody more qualified than me could tell you.

    I also got some great 1000W Super8 lights. You can only run them for 5 minutes at a time, so I have 3 and while the other 2 cool down, I use the third one.

    I have written a whole movie around my lighting : Its all outside, so I don't have to rent expensive lighting. Am I cheap or what?

    Mind you, I am still looking at about 5000 quid to get it shot, so maybe all those DV guys are right (see Film VS DV posts).

    Later
    Stephen


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •